I made this soup when I had a bunch of stuff piling up in my fridge, and it turned out really well! It’s delicious, great for the skin and has SO many nutrients. I was fully plant-based in the past, but I like to try new things. Bone broth has SO many health benefits. It boosts immunity, fights inflammation (especially in the gut), improves hydration, and it contains COLLAGEN. Amazing for beautiful skin.
So, here’s what I put in:
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 shallots (diced up, small)
- 4 large carrots (diced)
- 4 stalks celery (chopped finely)
- 1/3 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper (if you like a little kick)
- 3 cups red baby potatoes (diced into bite size pieces)
- 5 cups chicken bone broth (got mine at Trader Joes)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 cup uncooked green or brown lentils (rinsed and drained)
- 3 cups of chopped kale (massage it first)
Here’s what’s cookin’, good lookin’ (;
Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once it’s hot, add avocado oil, shallots, carrots, and celery. Add salt and pepper.
Sauté for 5 minutes.
Add potatoes and season with a bit more salt and pepper. Add red pepper, if you want. Cook for a couple more minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add bone broth and rosemary and increase the heat to a boil. Add lentils, and stir. Let this simmer for 20 minutes or so.
Add kale, stir it up, and cover the pot. Cook for 3 minutes. Taste it. Add more salt and pepper if you want, or some more broth if it’s too thick.