Tongue scraping is nothing new. It’s an Ayervedic practice used to remove the white coating on your tongue, also known as “AMA”, which is a combination of food debris and bacteria. The practice has been growing in popularity, and here’s why:
- The tongue is an ideal environment for bacteria to grow and thrive, especially toward the back of your tongue. Nobody wants a white tongue, like Miley had at the VMA’s that one year. Yucky.
- Tongue scraping removes that white layer of gunk off of your tongue, which helps to keep your breath nice and fresh.
- It improves the natural function of your taste buds
* I highly suggest doing this first thing in the morning, before eating or drinking anything. It’s been said that swallowing that built up bacteria can have a negative effect on your gut microbiome.
I purchased my tongue scraper from Amazon, it was about $8 for 2.
How to use it:
- Extend your tongue out as far as you can
- Place the scraper on your tongue as far back as it’s comfortable.
- Press down on the tongue gently, and pull it forward.
- Rinse it off and repeat a few times, until there isn’t much of a coating coming off anymore.
I hope you found this helpful! Let me know if you give it a shot. (: